We are the roofing contractor that strictly uses Owens Corning atticat blown in insulation systems. Adding attic insulation is a blast with the AttiCat® Insulation Blowing Machine! It conditions the AttiCat® Expanding Blown-In PINK Fiberglas™ Insulation by breaking it up and fluffing it, adding millions of the tiny air pockets that give the material its insulating power. The insulation is conditioned further throughout the length of the hose, and as it bounces its way up to your attic, more and more air pockets are added, increasing its insulating power even more. And since Fiberglas™ attic insulation will not settle, it will keep its energy-saving R-value over time. You can learn more about the product here.
We understand the importance of attic ventilation. Unfortunately most homes in the country are way under ventilated. It is actually recommended that each home has 1 square foot of ventilation for each 300 square feet of attic area. Under ventilated homes use more energy.
The shingles also age at much faster pace. We offer several different options when it comes to attic ventilation. They include:
1. Traditional eyebrow vents- we have been installing eyebrow vents for 35 years. They are true and tried! We install eyebrow vents on the back side of the house so they can’t be seen from the front side of the house. They work really well and work even better in conjunction with Electric or solar attic fans.
2. Ridge Vent-Ridge vents are an excellent way to vent the attic. Attic Fans-Electric/Solar.
3. Solar Star’s Roof Mount Attic Fan is the Ideal Ventilation Solution. Solar Star, the leader in solar powered attic ventilation, brings you the most technologically-advanced, environmentally-friendly, ventilation solution today. Best of all, Solar Star brings you the solutions that cost nothing to operate. Imagine the savings.
By placing the unit where it is most effective, the highest point on the roof, it can properly circulate air and ventilate your attic space, transforming your home into a comfortable living environment.
Powered by Solar Star’s proprietary 10-watt solar panel, this breakthrough product has been designed to last season after season. Find out how Solar Star fights heat and moisture.
Optional Thermal Switch available for all models.
Why We Love Solar Tubes
Solar tube skylights are an ideal lighting solution for rooms and spaces with no source of natural light. They operate in the same way as tubular skylights, that is, the channeling of outside light to a room, by means of a tube. The uniqueness of a skylight solar tube is that they are able to absorb light during all weather conditions, even when the sun is blocked!
The result is exceptional lighting for both residential and commercial buildings. Solar tube skylights work more efficiently and reliably than other kind, their distinct dome reflector and light refraction technology allows for the maximum absorption of natural light, and therefore, maximum light output in any given room or space. They are maintenance free and easily installed, as their assembly is compact enough to fit into small spaces within your roof rafters and attic, hence requiring minimum alterations/renovations. In addition, they are usually longer-lasting than other tubular skylight options.
- Exceptional lighting. Light output is incredible, providing as much light as you would expect from a skylight many times its size.
- Cost-effective. Tubular Daylighting Devices cost considerably less than other daylighting options, such as windows and skylights, including both product and installation costs.
- Installing it is fast, clean and easy. They require no structural reframing, tunneling, drywalling or painting. A professional can install the product in less than two hours and most Do-It-Yourselfers can finish the project in one day.
- It can go almost anywhere. The compact and flexible design of TDDs allow them to be installed in just about any room, including rooms without direct roof access and smaller spaces where daylighting would usually not be an option.
- It is “Green.” TDDs allow you to switch off electric lights during the day, which provides savings on energy bills and also reduces environmental pollution.